Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dessert Centerpiece--Cupcake Fondue

I've seen fondue with cheese and bread, with cheese and fruit, with meat or shrimp and hot oil, and even pound cake fondue for desserts, but a cupcake fondue was new to me until I came across it on Bake It Pretty's Blog(a creative blog that everyone should read!) Amanda posted a recipe from her guest blog stint on Pint Size Social. And I have to admit I love the concept! 

Whether you serve this fondue at a wedding shower or use it on a sweet table, or as a centerpiece for each table this cupcake fondue is a show stopper. 

The fondue itself is a basic icing (recipe) and you make some mini cupcakes perfectly sized for dipping.  Surround your fondue pot with little cups, each of which is filled with jimmies(or sprinkles depending on which part of the country you are from), coconut, some chopped nuts (I like almonds but walnuts would work too), or any other decorative topping you think would look pretty. 
Simply place the mini cupcake on the fork, dip in the icing, then add the decorative toppings to make a delicious dessert that is sweet and pretty! I was thinking I'd really like some with chopped candy bars to use as a topping--yum! Oh the calories!  OK, I admit it, I have a HUGE sweet tooth!

The final look (and taste) is pretty and I love interactive food! And you have to admit, this is so much better than chips and dip if you're thinking interactive food!  Cupcakes with fondue icing dip with candy or nuts on top...what more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment